Monday, February 28, 2011

Rainy Day Fun

A drizzly, cold day calls for lots of art and inside fun.  Here are a few of the things we made....

Willow made labels (she wrote and chose the object and I told her how to spell the words) for different household objects that she would like to learn how to spell...



I made this cape for Indigo for Christmas but I had lots of problems with the sewing and put it away to repair when I wasn't feeling so frustrated.  That day never happened, so I gave her the cape anyway when they began a game of superheroes this morning.  She could not have been more thrilled!  Kids are so easy to please :-).  Now Willow wants one, though...

Super Indigo!!

We next made "sculptures" with contact paper and pieces of tissue paper.  The girls loved this project-- which came from here, and I thought they turned out really well.  The wire along the edges allows the artist to bend the art in any shape she chooses. 
Willow's

Indigo's
 They had so much fun with this project that we next used the rice paste I made to adhere tissue paper to a couple of glass jars.  The color is lovely-- especially with a candle inside! 


Finally, Willow spent some time practicing letters in one of her new workbooks.  She works so hard and it really shows!  That kid loves workbooks...

It was so nice having an art focused day!  We began a couple of other projects that we'll finish tomorrow after Willow comes home from school.  I'll be sure to post photos!

No comments:

Post a Comment