Sunday, February 13, 2011

I'm Back!




Sorry for the extended hiatus!  We did buy a smartphone to replace my camera (and lack of a cell phone) but it took longer than I thought to figure out how to take a picture and then put the picture on the computer.  I think my brain just isn't as fast as those youngsters'.  Nothing makes me feel older than technology!

Anywhoo...we had a nice weekend.  The weather is finally a bit warmer and the snow is melting.  Jay took the kids to a favorite place,  Drumlin Farm-- an Audubon teaching farm not far away.  The kids love visiting with the animals (the snoring pigs were the big favorites today) and I loved having some time to myself to work on my little projects.  I made:

Gluten Free crackers made from Chia seeds and flax.  The girls refused to eat them but I thought they were good with a little avocado.

Cooked down cranberries to make a natural dye for a couple of projects I am working on (more info to come!)

Melted down vegan chocolate chips and poured the molten chocolate into heart and bar shaped molds for dairy free chocolate valentine treats  for my littlest valentines (other yumminess to come tomorrow for my bigger valentine)

I used the remaining chocolate as a dip for some juicy strawberries-- another special surprise for the girls

Also this weekend,

 We took advantage of the still deep snow in the backyard to make a sledding hill for the girls.  Indigo is such a little daredevil, sliding always head first on her stomach and laughing the whole time.  I think she is going to be a trouble maker in the teen years...


More to come tomorrow!!

No comments:

Post a Comment