Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Photos from the day....

Still sick, but we managed to have some fun anyway.  I finished up making homemade marshmallows in preparation for tonight's snow and tomorrow's shoveling (with reward hot chocolate).  I"ll have to pass along the recipe when I feel better because they are DELICIOUS.  We'll never go back to packaged.  Here is what they look like after mixing:
And the finished product piled in a bowl and ready to be added to a steaming mug of cocoa.  Yum!!

Next, I poured beans in a couple of bowls and handed each girl a bowl and measuring cup.  They loved pouring and counting and piling the little beans.  Willow and I also worked on estimating-- though that seemed to be a bit of an advanced concept for her.  Every time I asked her how many beans she estimated to be in her cup, she always said twenty-seven.  I finally had her count out twenty-seven beans and set them aside to see how few beans that really is compared to the number in her cup, but as soon as I asked again what her estimate was, she again said twenty-seven.  We'll have to keep working on that one :-).


Watching the snow fall.








 
Later,we went on a little snow walk.  More snow ahead tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. I love your blog, so many great ideas! I will be waiting on the edge of my seat for Vegan marshmallow recipe-it's been years and they are a) not available anywhere near me and b) $9 a bag!

    ReplyDelete