Sunday, February 26, 2012

Kid Art Part 2


More art from around our house, made by my two favorite artists:

Handprints traced and colored in oil pastel

The girls used a box from our last IKEA trip to create a big triptych.  Each took a side and then they collaborated on the middle section.

I pulled out the watercolor paper and oil pastels and the girls immediately decided that they would make self portraits.  So, I was surprised to see these when they were finished.  When I asked, Willow said that her she had drawn a portrait of herself as a potato (on the right).  Julia had drawn a portrait of herself as a monster (on the left).  Love it!

Sweet drawings on the refrigerator.


I began this large painting and then realized that the kind of primitive style looked a lot like the way the girls draw now, so I invited them to add their special touches.  Julia Indigo added the drawing of the person on the center left and Willow added the bird flying in the sky.

You can see another person and bird in this detail.  Love making art with my girls!

No comments:

Post a Comment