Thursday, April 21, 2011

Earth Day

Happy Earth Day on Friday!

The girls and I started our Earth Day celebration a day early by creating recycled art out of old toilet paper rolls and scraps (sorry, I forgot those photos), visiting some cute little bunnies, creating an offering for the birds, and doing a little science experiment.  A fun day was had...though I wish Mother Nature would have cooperated and given us some warm weather.  I am tired of these chilly temps!  Tonight is supposed to be in the 20s!  Hope my baby lettuces and herbs survive the chill...
Our Earth Day offering to the birds-- a basket full of shredded junk mail, strings and discarded yarn for them to use in their nest building.

We examined both dirt and potting soil to determine what they are made up of and how they differ from each other.  Then the girls drew their observations in their science journals.


Happy Earth Day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment